I found some pickled Brazilian ‘little beak’ peppers (pimenta biquinho em conserva) in the supermarket and I knew instantly what to do with them.
It’s a very simple variation on a spicy martini recipe I’ve made before.
Notable ingredients include tabasco sauce or hot sauce. I use both but you could omit one if you wanted. The hot sauce adds colour, while both add a fiery element to the drink.
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 part sweet vermouth (or to taste)
- 4-6 drops of Tabasco (or to taste – I like it very spicy)
- 2-3 drops of hot sauce (or to taste)
- 4-5 parts chilled gin or vodka (I used vodka this time but this works with either)
- 3 pimenta biquinhos em conserva
Pour the vermouth, the hot sauce and tabasco into a martini glass and stir. Add the gin or vodka and stir again, then garnish with the pickled peppers on a toothpick or skewer.
It’s good for whetting your appetite before a meal, if you can actually finish it.
3 thoughts on “Spicy Martini with Brazilian Peppers”